10 February 2009

The Estate We're In

4th Estate are coming up to 25 years old. Congratulations. They've published some fine books. In celebration they've created a truly beautiful animated film featuring their books.



Goodness knows what it cost - but I hope it was paid for out of the publicity budget rather than the marketing one as I'm sure it will get lots of publicity but will it sell any books? I doubt it. Oh to have this sort of budget to waste on a celebration.

It did however lead me to what I presume is the 4th Estate's corporate blog - rather confusingly called 5th Estate.* This may be worth a look if you're into that sort of thing.

* Somewhat late it occurs to me that if The Press is the 4th Estate then is the blogosphere the 5th Estate? I've not heard anyone suggest that but presume it is the reason for this blog's title - in which case it is quite clever IMHO.

No comments:

Post a Comment